Cargotec’s Marine Service organisation has recently been assessed and certified as an Approved Service Supplier by classification societies Lloyd’s Register EMEA and Italian RINA (Registro Italiano Navale). “In practice, this means that shipowners and operators can be certain that inspections and repair services performed by Cargotec’s Marine Service are supplied in compliance with class and statutory requirements,” says Per-Olof Eliasson, director of Cargotec’s Marine Service operations. “This heralds a new era within our organisation.”
Cargotec’s Marine Service organisation was assessed and approved for services including:
- the examination of RoRo ships’ bow, stern, side and inner doors
- tightness testing of hatches with ultrasonic equipment
- servicing and maintenance of lifeboats, launching appliances and on-load release gear
- surveys, servicing and testing of lifting appliances
- hydraulic tests of low and high pressure cylinders
As a result, a new UR Z17 certificate valid until 15 September 2013 was awarded to Cargotec’s Marine Service by Lloyd’s Register EMEA, which is part of the Lloyd’s Register Group covering Europe, the Middle East and Africa from its base in London.
More information could be found here!